RockSolid can monitor the availability of the following SQL Server components:
- SQL Server Database Engine
- SQL Server Analysis Services
- SQL Server Reporting Services
In order to raise the relevant availability events RockSolid needs to be configured to monitor system availability. To do this:
- Navigate to the relevant level in your instance hierarchy
- Choose the settings tab to view the policy
- Click the monitoring sub-tab to view the monitoring policy
- Scroll down to the "Polled Data" section and enable the "Monitor Instance Availability" option.
Once enabled RockSolid will undertake instance availability checks as part of the monitoring process and raise availability related events.