Regardless of backup method, RockSolid has the ability to report on SQL Server backup histories for monitored instances. These reports are generated from the data contained in the RockSolid repository and do not require backup history detail to still to retained on the relevant SQL Server instances.
Report on SQL Server Full & Differential Backup History
To run a predefined report listing all Full & Differential database backups for a given date range please do the following:
- Navigate to the Reports -> RockSolid Reports page
- Choose the relevant level from the "Report Level" drop down. This sets the scope of the report. In this example we will choose instance level to run the report for a selected instance.
- Choose the "Recoverability" option from the "Report Category" drop down to filter only recovery related reports.
- Click Refresh to filter reports
- From the matched set of reports choose the "Full/Diff Backup History Detail" and choose the execute report icon.
- Within this report parameters screen, choose the relevant options and set the relevant date range to run the report for. All backups within this range will be shown.
- Click on the Print icon to generate the report preview