RockSolid includes a configuration option which allows you to undertake either online or offline database consistency checks.
- Online - uses the SQL Server default method of creating a database snapshot while performing the DBCC checks.
- Offline - instructs the DBCC command to use the TABLOCK parameter, avoiding the use of database snapshots.
To set this option do so in the database settings hierarchy, either at the Database Bucket, Overlay or individual database level.
Once at the appropriate level:
- Go to the Database Settings table for the relevant level
- Select the Maintenance tab
- Set Database Consistency Check Mode to Enabled
- Choose either Online or Offline in the Database Consistency Check Mode drop down.
See the article "CONCEPT: Database Consistency Check Mode"