This article discusses how to manually update the RockSolidAgent to a later version, using files supplied by RockSolid SQL.
To manually update (updating not using the RockSolid Installer) the RockSolidAgent please undertake the following steps:
- Download the RockSolidAgent.zip file from the download site URL. The URL for your site will be provided by your RockSolid SQL support contact person.
- Copy this downloaded .zip file to the host(s) running the RockSolidAgent service.
- Stop the RockSolidAgent service. You do not need to stop any of the other RockSolid services.
- Locate the RockSolidAgent program folder. Normally this is "C:\Program Files (x86)\RockSolid SQL\RockSolidAgent" but this may vary on your computer. If you are unsure, check the executable path by looking at the service properties as shown:
- Copy the contents of the .zip file to this folder. You will be promoted to overwrite these files, click Yes to overwrite.
- Start the RockSolidAgent service. When the agent starts it will automatically update the agent version number in the RockSolid console. This is visible by navigating within RockSolid to Sites -> RockSolidAgents page.